Interior Designers Know Their Space
Over the years we have dealt with many interior designers who are superb at understanding how best to use space effectively both for beauty and functionality. Here are their top seven tips for a walk in wardrobe.
- Natural Light – Try and have a natural light source near or in your walk in wardrobe. Fake light such as LEDs don’t tend to give you a good indication of your clothing choices. If you cant get access to natural light make sure your light source is warm.
- Sanctuary – a great walk in wardrobe needs to be a quiet sanctuary where every thing is neat and there is a sense of order.
- Occasional. there needs to be an area where you can place items at the end of a long day. It could be items place on a drawer unit or on a special chair that you place clothing that you might wear again. It’s a temporary storage space that allows you to quickly change, reuse items or store things like wallets, purses or items to be use regularly.
- Be inspiring. The wardrobe should appointed like any other room . It’s not just for storage. You need to be inspired by your clothes so you can enjoy the experience of choosing and dressing. All your clothes neatly storage but visible should make you feel good. You could even hang artwork or decorate with ornaments if you have the room.
- The Floor! Having a walk in wardrobe is a luxury for most so make sure the floor is part of your experience. Lush, soft carpet is the way to go.0
- Visual tricks. You can make your wardrobe feel visually bigger by using mirrors or warmer by adding a rug or upholstered item.
- Utilise the space. Even if you only have a small area to deal with make sure you utilise the space as effectively as t=you can from floor to ceiling. Your’d be surprised at how much you can store and how elegant it can look.
We can help you with the shelves, storage areas, drawers and wardrobe accessories and we can even work closely with your interior designer. All it requires is your input. Call Leigh Robinson right now for a free measure and quote. Ph: 0412 525 137