A Smaller Walk In Wardrobe Installation
Often we thing of a walk in wardrobe as a major luxury reserved for those with money to burn but that is hardly ever the case.
We recently installed a walk in wardrobe in Lovely Banks (a suburb of Geelong) in a room that measured 2.1 metres by 1.5. This was a relatively small area next to an ensuite in a modern three bedroom home for a first home owner couple.
Regardless of the size nearly all the space was utilised effectively (no dead corners) with a draw bank, medium and double hanging and plenty of open shelving. Take note that the wardrobe is off the floor making it easy to vacuum and there is a top shelf running the full length of the wardrobe. As with all our walk in wardrobes, high quality, 18mm melamine was used in the installation.
This type of installation starts at about $2000 so it’s not out of reach for most people.
No matter how big or small your wardrobe is you need to consider the following:
- How many folded items you have?
- Hanging sizes can be medium double or full hanging. (check the first photo below – double and medium hanging example)
- Your shoes can be on a carousel, on angled or straight shelving.
- How many draws cdo you need – with a jewellery inset maybe?
- Do you need extra storage space especially if you have higher ceilings and can go up!
- Check out the accessories that are available here.
A walk in wardrobe is a great functional item that adds value to your home. If you are limited with space talk to Leigh and he can help plan your smaller area and maximise its potential. The wardrobe system is flexible and customisable so your install can suit the space you have as well as your storage requirements.