Before you even talk to me about your walk in wardrobe you need a wardrobe plan. Here are my five tips on planning your walk in wardrobe before I get my tape measure out:
Your Walk In Wardrobe Plan
- Appraise the clothes you have and start culling clothes and shoes you never wear. This gives you a clear start to your plan and helps declutter. The more wardrobe you have, the more costs are involve so its good to be frugal with the amount of clothes you have and the space everything takes up.
- Look at your clothing, especially shirts, blouses and coats and start matching up the sizes of everything. If you’re a coat collector you might need more hanging space that some one who is into shirts. Size matters here and its a practical place to start your wardrobe requirement list.
- The use of shelves is critical as well and most clothes don’t fold up to be bigger than about 35cms deep. If you do go bigger you might start losing items to the back. Spacing the shelves about 25 cm also helps clothes stop piling up and again it makes everything easy to see and find. This is especially true if you want your shelves to go high.
- Use the opportunity to select accessories that suit your clothing. Belt and tie racks are super helpful in storing away odd shape and fussy items. There are many accessories that will add to your space saving mission but also increase the functionality of your wardrobe.
- For some, shoes are a biggie. If you have an enormous collection of shoes then a shoe shelf or carousel might be for you. There is nothing worse than losing a shoe and having to crawl around on the floor to find it.
- We provide some classy drawer options but drawers may drain your budget if you are on a budget so if you’re happy for your undies and socks to be in baskets then this might be the answer for you.
- If space and budget are not a hinderance your wardrobe plan should focus on convenience, function and look. When you walk into your walk in wardrobe how do you want to feel? Elegant, conservative, fashiony, abundant, rich, opulent?
Once you have made the strategic decisions about your walk in wardrobe we can start the next phase of your place with a measure up and quote. I can also advise you on many of the practicalities of the install.
Ph 412 525 137